Microneedling promotes skin rejuvenation through non-surgical procedure known as Collagen Induction Therapy. The treatment uses a pen-shaped electric medical device that employs fine needles to penetrate the surface of the skin at a very high speed. The needles breakdown old scar tissue and stimulates skin cells to proliferate, resulting in the formation of new capillaries, which improve blood supply. As the fine needles puncture the skin, they create channels or micro-wounds that trigger the body to fill them with new collagen, which leads to improved skin texture, firmness and hydration.
1. Anti-Aging - Microneedling treatments keep your skin youthful and radiant. As we get older our bodies produce less collagen naturally so microneedling tricks your body into thinking that its wounded, so it goes into repair mode and kick starts the collagen production.
2. Little Down Time - You can go back to normal activities within a few days, recovery time is minimal depending on how deep the needles penetrate the skin. Your provider will determine the depth and can talk with you about this. This is in contrast to treatments such as laser resurfacing and dermabrasion, where downtime from normal activities is necessary.
3. Demarcation - Microneeding procedure does not produce a line of demarcation between treated and untreated skin. Because of this, treatment can be applied to specific scar areas without the need to blend or feather the skin.
4. Hyper-pigmentation - This refers to the change in skin color that occurs from white heads, blackheads, inflammation, and pimples. Skin discolorations are caused by an imbalance in melanin in ones skin. The microneeding will help even out the texture and color patterns in your skin.
5. Skin Texture - Microneeding has the ability to smooth the skin and give a more even appearance. The process removes the epidermis (the upper layer of your skin) and stratum, the very top of the skin layer. This helps the skin look more vibrant and smooth because the dead layer has been removed.